today I am doing a little more sophisticated approach to the following:
I have two entries (entry 1 and 2, all fore the same family) in the lutheran churchbook of Pawlowsk near St. Petersburg in 1850 (all entries are in German)
The question is where the father (Heinrich Hoyer) has done his military service at that time (before 1850).
Some topics from the text:
- he is described as "Bereudtner" (German: means шталме́йстер)
- he seems to be on service in a place called "Semenow", described as 400 "werst" away from "Kazan" => I think it could be Семёнов in Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- the godfathers named as:
1. Nikolai Tetirebrikow, General
2. Alexandra von Eichfeld, mademoiselle
3. Peter von Methlew, lieutenant
As I have followed the idea that the godfathers are always connected in some means to the parents I have tried to find any sources for the person 1 and 3 in a lot of military listings ..........but unfortunately not even a single hint......
I think the problem to translate the German spelling of the Russian names in the right way......
So in the end I would welcome any help on the people 1 and 3 regarding:
- where have they had teir service and in which units ?
Many thanks in advance for any idea on this matter.