Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо

Генеалогический форум ВГД

На сайте ВГД собираются люди из многих городов и стран, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!

Генеалогический форум ВГД »   People and ancestors search in Russia »   For English speaking users; Für Deutschsprechende »   Request for Help Вниз ⇊

Request for Help

Looking for ancestors

<<Назад    Вперед>> Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
lisarathmell
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0 

Hello. I am looking for any information of my ancestors as part of my genealogy research. The surnames are listed below. All of them emigrated to the United States and Canada in the early 1900s Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guberman
Lovitz or Lvovitz
Wallach or Wallack
Leibovitz or Labovtiz
Kruger or Konzen

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Lisa
smil
Долгожитель форума

smil

Россия
Рейтинг: 7116 

Hello, Lisa.
Surnames common in Russia.
Specify their place of residence before emigration.

---
мой дневник.
Прежде чем задать вопрос в личку, почитайте имеющиеся темы. Может быть там уже есть ответ на Ваш вопрос?
lisarathmell
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0 

smil написал:
[q]
Hello, Lisa.
[/q]

Thank you for responding. Places of residences were:

Guberman - Kupel, Volhynia, Russia
Lovitz or Lvovitz - Minsk
Wallach or Wallack - Kupel, Volhynia, Russia
Leibovitz or Labovtiz - Lubar Russia
Kruger or Konzen - Donsha, Russia
kbg_dnepr
Модератор раздела

Днипро (бывш. Днепропетровск)
Рейтинг: 3655 

Dear Lisa,

in Russia and Ukraine archives are mostly not digitalized, there is no possibility to search automatized lists like L*vitz or L**bovitz. We do here our work mostly in a very ancient way.
That's why my first advice would be to contact the US Security Immigration (or something like this; if it existed already at the time your ancestors immigrated) - they have lots of information on immigrants.
And if you want people here to help your with the further search, then you have to give much more information, something like this:

I'm seeking for ancestors of Izhak Guberman b. 1870 in Kupel, Volhynia, Russia, who immigrated to the US in 1900 with the wife Dvora and children David b. 1892, Shlomo b. 19893 and Gitla b. 1897.
etc.

Maybe the shorter way would be to make a DNA test?

---
Катерина
Глушак (Брянск.) Ковалев, Федосенко (Могилевск.)
Оглотков (Горбат. у. НГГ) Алькин Жарков Кульдишов Баландин (Симб. губ.)
Клышкин Власенко Сакунов Кучерявенко (Глухов)
Кириченко Бондаренко Белоус Страшный (Новомоск. Днепроп.)
takeuwithme
Новичок

Eden Prairie
Рейтинг: 2 

Hello - I sent you a private message because I couldn't reply, but now I can. This Russian language is very difficult for us but my wife's grandpa was Stefan Haberski born in USA. His parents were Vincent Haberski and Anna Gasiorowski. This we have proof of. However, there was another Vincent Haberski and it isn't the correct one, and basically it's something I've ruled out in America. However, the key to the real Vincent Haberski is his sister Wladyslawa Haberski, who married a Constanstine (Konstanty?) Borowicki, then when he died she married a Kazmierski. Immigration to USA shows Lottie/Charlotte/Wladyslawa's mother was Petronova Nowelslla (but I think it's Nowakowski or something). Lottie indicated she lived in Aleksandrovo Russia. This is where the difficulty comes in. Also there was a Stefan Haberski (much other than my wife's grandpa Stefan) who came in USA in 1910 and he said he was from Russia. It appears they were Polish but living in Russia, as was common back then. This Stefan was visiting Lottie's household on his immigration papers so either he is Vincent or he is Vincent's relation. Census shows Vincent and little Stefan were on census here in 1920. Stefan (older one) said he came from Sluzewo, Russia. If anyone can help, I know I'm asking for a miracle, it would be such a blessing and we'd be grateful. Basically little Stefan was given to an orphanage and lived a life not knowing his real parents and he left as soon as he could to join the military where he got shellshock super bad. The orphanage was very brutal for him.

smil написал:
[q]
Hello, Lisa.
[/q]

takeuwithme
Новичок

Eden Prairie

Oh and my wife did have a DNA test too through Ancestry.com.

smil написал:
[q]
Hello, Lisa.
[/q]

takeuwithme
Новичок

Eden Prairie

Wladyslawa (not sure it translates to Russian but I saw Vladislava? might be ) Haberski (not sure how it translates to russian) Habersky? she was born in 1888 per her obituary which I would think is more accurate than immigration (which states 1887). No birth record in Poland yet but I'm assuming she was born in Russia. I could not find a marriage record for her in Poland so she must have married in Russia (Poznan Project only goes up to 1899 and she was 11). She immigrated to USA in 17 May 1909. Arrival contact: Husband, Rostaki Boravith but that doesn't seem right as it should be Konstatin Borowicki. Departure contact: Petranlla Nowelslla. Departure port: Antwerp. Ship: Lapland. She, Wladyslawa Borowicka, arrived in Ellis Island, New York. It looks like she came with her 2 year old son, Wladyslaw Borowicka (born 1907). They both came from Aleksandrovo, Russia.

Hope this helps?

[ Ответ на сообщение kbg_dnepr ]

<<Назад    Вперед>> Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
Генеалогический форум ВГД »   People and ancestors search in Russia »   For English speaking users; Für Deutschsprechende »   Request for Help
RSS