ВГД требуется ведущий (админ)   [х]
Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо
На сайте ВГД собираются люди, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!
Вниз ⇊

Looking for Great-Grandmothers Family History

Ишу крупного землевладельца Минской губ. по имени Василий (Вацлав)

← Назад    Вперед →Страницы:  1 2 3 Вперед →
Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
MapleLeafs
Начинающий

MapleLeafs

Торонто, Канада
На сайте с 2013 г.
Рейтинг: 15
kbg_dnepr
Модератор раздела

Днипро (бывш. Днепропетровск)
На сайте с 2008 г.
Рейтинг: 4274
I'll complete the translation later
---
Катерина
Глушак (Брянск.) Ковалев, Федосенко (Могилевск.)
Оглотков (Горбат. у. НГГ) Алькин Жарков Кульдишов Баландин (Симб. губ.)
Клышкин Власенко Сакунов Кучерявенко (Глухов)
Кириченко Бондаренко Белоус Страшный (Новомоск. Днепроп.)
sang

sang

США
На сайте с 2009 г.
Рейтинг: 2298
Hello MapleLeafs,
When did your relatives immigrated to Canada? Have you been able to find immigration records? Sometimes immigration records have birth information(date and place of birth) and the names of the relatives.
Andrey Maslennikov
Модератор раздела

Andrey Maslennikov

Москва
На сайте с 2010 г.
Рейтинг: 2497
Hi, MapleLeafs

First you need to find a birth record of your grandparents or those who were the first your ancestors born in Canada. Then, this, will lead you to last names of your grandgrand parents, immigtated to Canada. Without last name it is impossible to do any search in Russia.

Cheers.
---
Уважаемые новички! Пожалуйста, задавайте вопросы на форуме, а не в "Личных сообщениях".
Список фамилий по которым веду поиск: ссылка.
MapleLeafs
Начинающий

MapleLeafs

Торонто, Канада
На сайте с 2013 г.
Thank you both for the responses.

Unfortunately, Andrey, that is what I'm afraid of. I have the immigration documents and they are of no help for my search. I'm stuck at this point doing exactly that: Trying to find someone without names.

What I've tried to do is find separate pieces of information and see if there's any matches between them. So I'm looking for something like a list of names and locations and then I can match them with my other sources.

For instance: Why I signed up here in the first place was to post about the 1889 Landowner List for Minsk Province.

If they are from Minsk Province (Vilna is the only other possible one) then there can only be so many Vasilys and Wacławs who owned land.

If I could get a list of those names, then I should be able to compare them against the 1929 Business Directory, the Duma Lists, Officer Lists, etc., and hopefully end up with a match. Then I could take that name and send into the Archive in Minsk for the full details to confirm. Otherwise, there isn't enough information for them to do the search (they could if they wanted too, but they won't).
Andrey Maslennikov
Модератор раздела

Andrey Maslennikov

Москва
На сайте с 2010 г.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
Unfortunately, Andrey, that is what I'm afraid of. I have the immigration documents and they are of no help for my search.
[/q]

May I ask you to share those docs to us? I don't know how they looks like at Canada, but similiar docs from US are useful. In the immigration docs it has to be some important information.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
What I've tried to do is find separate pieces of information and see if there's any matches between them. So I'm looking for something like a list of names and locations and then I can match them with my other sources.
[/q]

It's make sense when you ancestors had noble status. In other case it's just impossible.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
Dudkowski-G_____
[/q]

I've tried to find any occurance of such last name, but failed.

A couple of questions to you. Just to clarify what information you have. Your great-grandmother immigrated to Canada. In what year? Did she arrived alone or with husband or with her parents? Do you know last names of her children (your grandparents)?

---
Уважаемые новички! Пожалуйста, задавайте вопросы на форуме, а не в "Личных сообщениях".
MapleLeafs
Начинающий

MapleLeafs

Торонто, Канада
На сайте с 2013 г.
Andrey Maslennikov
Модератор раздела

Andrey Maslennikov

Москва
На сайте с 2010 г.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
I'd prefer not to share the docs. I think I'm just going to have to ask you to take my word for it.
[/q]

No problem. That is your choice.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
It is disappointing that Dudkowski does not appear.
[/q]

Dudkowski appears many times, but I was talking about exactly Dudkiwski-G.... For example, there are about 15 Dudkowski who were suffer from repressions during Red Terror in 1937/1938. In the lists of repressed people I saw only one double last name, it is Dudkowski-Dudko Jan Michailovich (Michael). DoB: 1886 (at Berestovitsa), polish, from Grodno region, arrested in 1940 at Belostok, sentenced to 8 years in jail.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
anyone who seemed to fit (patronymic, religion, date of birth) in the 1914 or 1916 Colonel Lists, the 1913 Lt. Colonel,
[/q]

Do you know the Colonel's last name? If yes, you can try two things. First is to write to the Russian State Military History Archive (Moscow,105005, 2nd Baumanskaya street, 3) link. They have the indexed catalog of cards for a high number of officers (Lts., Capts., Cols., Generals, all officers) in the Russian Army before 1917. You may ask them to scan and send to you all cards of persons whose last names include a needed last name. Another option is to look at the indexed cards catalog of Russian emigrants (and white army officers) located at the Russian State Archive (http://garf.su). I will be in this archive in nearest future and may look for the cards with a needed last name.

This way is seems to me easier, than to find a correlation between many sources.
---
MapleLeafs
Начинающий

MapleLeafs

Торонто, Канада
На сайте с 2013 г.
Yes, sorry. Dudkowski-G. Lazy typing on my part.

I doubt that they would be in the Red Terror. To be honest, as I said above, I don't much about that family line. I don't know her mother's first name or where she was from. It could fall in the Soviet Union, but like my great-grandmother, it could also be in the Second Polish Republic (see below). In terms of time frame, my great-grandmother was born in 1897 or 1898, as the fourth and last child. Her mother, then, must have been at least in her late 30's or 40's, meaning probably the 1840's or 1850's. I don't know her mother had brothers either. Maybe she was an only daughter?

In terms of location, I wrote the counties in the first post, but I'll clarify further: My great-grandmother specifically said that she could hear the guns in the First World War but that the Germans never reached them. I'm about 99% certain that is accurate. That means her family is from somewhere between the front lines in the First World War (see here) and the Second Polish Republic's eastern frontier (see here). I also figure, based on stories, that it is north of Niasvizh and east of Lida, which really doesn't a leave large area. But still a difficult search nonetheless.

I do not know the surname of the Colonel. It would be my great-grandmother's brother, so theoretically it would be the same as her maiden name. I've gone through the lists trying to find a match with his supposed first name (Michael) and patronymic (Vasilievich), along with date of birth (she was born in 1897, so her brother couldn't much older than late 1870's or 1880's), and someone who was killed in action. Nothing seemed to match perfectly. There were a few that sort of worked but didn't match up when I compared them to the 1929 Directory. It has led to me question whether she exaggerated his rank. But thank you for the link. It is something that I've looked for in the past and may have come across it but didn't save it. May be useful down the line.

I do not know how easy it is to look for cards. If it is easy for you, I can go back and compile a list of possible names. I don't want to burden you though.

Andrey Maslennikov
Модератор раздела

Andrey Maslennikov

Москва
На сайте с 2010 г.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
I do not know how easy it is to look for cards. If it is easy for you, I can go back and compile a list of possible names. I don't want to burden you though.
[/q]

I could look at emigrants and white army cards; just give me last names, Dudkowski, for example. With military cards it is a little bit more problematic, maybe later.

MapleLeafs написал:
[q]
and someone who was killed in action
[/q]

Those lists are not full...
---
← Назад    Вперед →Страницы:  1 2 3 Вперед →
Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
Вверх ⇈