ВГД требуется ведущий (админ)   [х]
Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо
На сайте ВГД собираются люди, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!
Вниз ⇊

Salzmann - Saratov & Tiflis

Peter (von) Salzmann, born 1897, Tiflis, Georgien
Picture of familytree attached!

← Назад    Вперед →Страницы: 1 * 2 Вперед →
Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
VC

VC

На сайте с 2008 г.
Рейтинг: 4151
Other Zaltsmans from the same 1911 registry.

Прикрепленный файл: Zaltsmans_KK1910.jpg
LouiseDK
Новичок

Denmark
На сайте с 2017 г.
Рейтинг: 1
Wow! Thank you VC!
With a little luck, maybe those calenders could actually place my ancestors somewhere..

- Now I just have to find all the pages that includes Salzmann's and then find myself a good translater. Tough job, but definitely worth it!

Thank you so much! rose.gif
VC

VC

На сайте с 2008 г.
It’s difficult to translate the old Russian terminology so I just used the closest terms that come to my mind.

Zaltsman A.N. 103
Ministry of the Interior. Dzhevatsk county police office. Police district inspector [“pristav”] without rank Aleksandr Nikolaevich Zaltsman.

Zaltsman G.G. 494
205th Shemahinsky infantry regiment. Captain Grigory Grigorievich Zaltsman.

Zaltsman M.A. 242
Ministry of Education. 1st Tiflis women gymnasium [secondary school] of Grand Duchess Olga Feodorovna. Classroom supervisor Malvina Albertovna Zaltsman.
She might be the daughter of Albert Zaltsman that you mentioned above.

Zaltsman N.N. 329
Ministry of Trade and Industry. Department of mining. Management of oil resources on Apsheron peninsula state properties. Junior auditor Nikolay Nikolayevich Zaltsman.
LouiseDK
Новичок

Denmark
На сайте с 2017 г.
That was very sweet of you. Thank you!

I understand that it might me very difficult to interpret.
I've been spending most of the night, just trying to find and "translate" some of the Zaltsman first names letter by letter, and then I had to give up the rest of the texts for now. But at least the names gives me something for further research - and if anything interesting comes up with those names, then I must look closer into the calender texts. So the work you just did is a great help!

Maybe you know.. You think I can trust the names in the familytree? I think maybe it seems most likely that sons would have their fathers firstname as a middlename? Fx Nikolai Fedorov (son of Nikolaus) is most likely to be called Nikolay Nikolayevich - and Peter might have the Nikolayevich from his father too?

Thank you!
Greatings from Denmark
/Louise
VC

VC

На сайте с 2008 г.

LouiseDK написал:
[q]
Maybe you know.. You think I can trust the names in the familytree? I think maybe it seems most likely that sons would have their fathers firstname as a middlename? Fx Nikolai Fedorov (son of Nikolaus) is most likely to be called Nikolay Nikolayevich - and Peter might have the Nikolayevich from his father too?
[/q]
Yes, you are correct. Russian middle names are patronymics. Peter’s middle name is not mentioned but I also noticed the discrepancy in case of Nikolai Fedoroff. It was common to do russification of names that sound foreign but it’s hard to imagine the name Nikolaus being transformed into Fedor when there is already a perfect Russian equivalent Nikolay. Typically Fedor is a former Theodor. So I agree that you have a reason to be suspicious.
LouiseDK
Новичок

Denmark
На сайте с 2017 г.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion.
The only one I'm certain of is Peter Zaltsman, born 1897 in Tiflis (Peter von Salzmann in the early German papirs). But I'm also looking out for Peter Nikolayevich Zaltsman then (in case his father is correct in the familytree).. Thank you very much.
← Назад    Вперед →Страницы: 1 * 2 Вперед →
Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
Вверх ⇈