Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо
На сайте ВГД собираются люди, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!
Вниз ⇊

Adinietz (Adiniets, Adinets or Adinetz)

← Назад    Вперед →Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
Gray2010
Новичок

Canada
На сайте с 2017 г.
Рейтинг: 5
I have an old picture, it was probably taken around 1915, of my great-grandfather, Vasily Adinietz (spelling could be Adiniets, Adinets or Adinetz) and his family. The little girl standing on the chair, beside her mother is my grand-mother, Anna Vasilievna Adinietz and she was born on February 5, 1913, I believe in Poland and passed away on September 1, 1980. She was burried at the Gorny Russian Orthoddox Convent cemetary in Jerusalem. Anna had an aunt who was a nun at the Gorny Convent but no one knows her name. Also, no one seems to know the name of Anna's sister or her mother.

I'm trying to find out the history of my family, my grand-mother and her family. Where they came from, where Vasily was born, stationned, the type of medal he has pinned on his uniform, his rank and the origin of the name Adinietz?

I was very little when I saw her, I was probably 2 and then I saw her again when I was 5 years old and I used to call her Tata Anna. She was very secretive about her family or about the past and never told my father anything.

If anyone knows anything about Vasily Adinietz and his family please let me know. Or if you have any suggestions where I might find some information, please let me know as well.
Thanks, John

Прикрепленный файл: Adinietz family 2.jpg
Gray2010
Новичок

Canada
На сайте с 2017 г.
here is the grave marker of Anna Vasilievna Adinietz:

Прикрепленный файл: Adinietz family 3.JPG
Gray2010
Новичок

Canada
На сайте с 2017 г.
here is a picture of Vasily Adinietz and his daughter, standing beside her mother, is Anna Vasilievna Adinietz

Прикрепленный файл: Adinietz family 4.JPG
Эта тема была выделена из темы "Фотозагадки - упражнение для развлечения!" (11 ноября 2017 22:58)
Gray2010
Новичок

Canada
На сайте с 2017 г.
Does anybody know what type of uniform he's wearing? Thanks
VC

VC

На сайте с 2008 г.
Рейтинг: 4149

Gray2010 написал:
[q]
Does anybody know what type of uniform he's wearing? Thanks
[/q]
Hi John. This is police uniform. The badge on the cap is the coat of arms of a locality (usually a governorate) where he serves. If I am not mistaken the shoulder boards have a wide stripe of golden or silver lace in the middle. He is either “politzeisky uryadnik” (полицейский урядник) or “okolotochny nadziratel” (околоточный надзиратель). It’s the same level but the first term was used in county police (golden lace in this case) and the second one in municipal/city police units (silver lace). This is the rank just below officers and above corporal and sergeants. I guess staff sergeant or a major sergeant will be the closest equivalent. Typically they would oversee police personnel in a section of a city or a county. They in turn reported to a district police chief.

z_Grodna
Новичок

Гродно
На сайте с 2018 г.
Рейтинг: 3
Hello, John

The name Adinietz in this form (as well as in some others like Одинец, Одынец, Адынец) can be found in Belarus. It is also typical for Poland but only as Odyniec (Одынец). According to the Belarusian phone book the form Одинец is the most frequent and is mostly spred in the Minsk Region (particularly in the city of Minsk/Минск) and in the Mogilev Region (particularly in the city of Babruysk/Бобруйск). Other variants are just dispersed throughout the Vitebsk, Minsk, Grodno and Mogilev Regions. Like my ancestors' name was Адынец, and they were from what is nowadays Vitebsk Region. If taking into consideration all the possible variants the phone book shows 292 people altogether (but that's just home phone numbers).

Speaking about the origin of the name, it might be connected with the Polish word 'odyniec', which means a big wild boar. Though my relatives who live in the Vitebsk Region claim adinets/odinets means a red deer (it's their dialect, I suppose). In the variant одинец the word is found in the Dahl's Explanatory Dictionary of the Russian Language (pub. in 1863) where it means 1) a single or unmarried man (an obsolete word); 2) an earring wearing by men; 3) a big old wild boar; 4) lone or single (generally referring to anything and anybody at all). Nowadays, however, the word isn't used in modern Russian anymore. At least I've never heard it spoken. And Belarusian is one more language which the word (adzinets/адзiнец) can be still found in. Here it can mean 1) an only son in a family; 2) a lone, single or lonely person; 3) a lone animal; 4) a thumb; 5) a boar.
Anyway, the word odinets/adinets/adzinets is originated from odin/один (in Russian) and adzin/адзiн (in Belarusian) that mean simply 'one'. I believe this is true for Polish as well, though the connection may be a bit less obvious. Compare 'jeden' pronounced as yeden (meaning 'one' ) and 'odyniec' pronounced as odinyets.

Speaking about the families named Адинец, Одинец, Одынец, or Адынец, some people consider them descendants of the nobility. And I do think this can be true for some of those families, but not for all of them. As an example, Odyniec/Одынец is know as the name of a noble family that lived in the XIX century in an area that is nowadays a part of Grodno Region and situated not far from Lithuania. And as I've already mentioned my ancestors' name was Адынец which is thought to be misspelt Одынец. So am I related to those noble ones? It's hardly possible because 1) it's like a 300km distance from the place where my Адынецs lived; 2) mine were simple villagers at least from 1920es (unfortunatelly, I know nothing about their life in the XIX century, but I'm pretty sure there was no connection with nobility); 3) mine were Orthodox and those mentioned Одынецs most likely were Catholic.

Btw, by whom was the grave marker written? There's a word misspelt in it. "В Польши" should be "в Польше".
What languages did your grandmother speak?
Gray2010
Новичок

Canada
На сайте с 2017 г.
Hi z_Grodna,

"Btw, by whom was the grave marker written? There's a word misspelt in it. "В Польши" should be "в Польше".

I spoke with my father today and he said that the information on the grave marker was written by her companion, who was Polish. The parents of my father divorced and his mother Anna Vasilievna Adinietzlived with a Polish gentleman named Iakov Vikentievich Krents until she died. She was buried at the Gornensky Convent and the Polish gentleman is buried beside her. She lived and married a local man named Elias Ibrahim El-Hajjeh in Jerusalem, Palestine. They met became engaged and married in 1937. I have a picture of them together. She spoke little Arabic and Polish but she fully spoke Russian. My father remember's a conversation he had with his mother that her family owned land, animals and had servants. As to where, he doesn't know. Anna never wanted to discuss about the past with her children and my father didn't want to push it.

By the way, I don't think Iakov Vikentievich Krents is his real name. My father remembers Iakov's story that he was a prisoner of war in WWII and captured by the Russian Army in Poland. They sent him to the Brittish in Palestine and later he was ordered to go and fight in Italy. He hid in Palestine and changed his name (that's another story to research!).

My grand-mother never spoke about her family, her father Vasily Adinietz nor about her mother (name unknown) and sibling(name unknown, brother/sister?). She did have an aunt who became a nun at the Gornensky Convent in Jerusalem and I presume that she was buried there as well. From which side of the family the aunt was, I don't know.

A gentleman by the name of ygv (Yuri) from the forum provided some information on December 3, 2017 (my questions are underneath each information provided)
http://gwar.mil.ru/cartoteka/rgvia/106827/
There are
Odinets Vasily Nikitich

1. Position / Title: Private
Everyone is telling me that his uniform is a police officer Can he be conscripted to serve in the army as private as well during an emergency?

2. Military Unit 160th Infantry Abkhazian Regiment
Where was this unit? What city? Who commandered it?
Is this the 160th Infantry from :"http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/CGSC/CARL/nafziger/914RXAA.pdf"
160th Infantry Division
637th Kagizman Infantry Regiment
638th Oltin Infantry Regiment
639th Artvin Infantry Regiment
640th Chorokhsk Infantry Regiment

or

http://www.marksrussianmilitaryhistory.info/RUSS1914.html

160th Abkhazia Infantry Regiment. [160-i Pekhotnyi Abkhazskii polk.]
40th Infantry Division. Gomel.

3. Gubernia: Minsk Province
Minsk Provice, is that where he was born, served, lived and/or killed?

4. County: Bobruisk uezd
Bobruisk uezd is Babruysk? Was he born in Belarus, married in Belarus, lived and had children there or died there?

5. Parish: Rudobelskaya vol.
Is that where he went to pray, baptized, lived, married, or children babptized? Or he was dead and brought his body to the parish? Does the Parish still exist? Is it in Belarus? Where in Belarus?

6. Date of event: 04.08.1915
Is that the date he was killed or when the event took place?

7. Place of battle: Ludica village - Poland
I have researched Ludica Village and I cannot find it anywhere. Is it Jastków, Lublin Voivodeship in Poland?

8. Destiny: missing
Meaning dead?

The more information I receive/find, the more confusing it gets.

Kind Regards,
John

Прикрепленный файл: Adinietz family picture restored Dec 18 2017.jpg
Gray2010
Новичок

Canada
На сайте с 2017 г.
Hi z_Grodna,

"Btw, by whom was the grave marker written? There's a word misspelt in it. "В Польши" should be "в Польше".

I spoke with my father today and he said that the information on the grave marker was written by her companion, who was Polish. The parents of my father divorced and his mother Anna Vasilievna Adinietz lived with a Polish gentleman named Iakov Vikentievich Krents until she died in 1980. She was buried at the Gornensky Convent and the Polish gentleman is buried beside her. Before that, she lived and married a local man named Elias Ibrahim El-Hajjeh in Jerusalem, Palestine. They met became engaged and married in 1937. I have a picture of them together. She spoke little Arabic and Polish but she fully spoke Russian. My father remember's a conversation he had with his mother that her family owned land, animals and had servants. As to where, he doesn't know. Anna never wanted to discuss about the past with her children as it was too painful for her and my father didn't want to push it.

By the way, I don't think Iakov Vikentievich Krents is his real name. My father remembers Iakov's story that he was a prisoner of war in WWII and captured by the Russian Army in Poland. They sent him to the Brittish in Palestine and later he was ordered to go and fight in Italy. He hid in Palestine and changed his name (that's another story to research!).

My grand-mother never spoke about her family, her father Vasily Adinietz nor about her mother (name unknown) and sibling(name unknown, brother/sister?). She did have an aunt who became a nun at the Gornensky Convent in Jerusalem and I presume that she was buried there as well. From which side of the family the aunt was, I don't know.

A gentleman by the name of ygv (Yuri) from the forum provided some information on December 3, 2017 (my questions are underneath each information provided)
http://gwar.mil.ru/cartoteka/rgvia/106827/
There are
Odinets Vasily Nikitich

1. Position / Title: Private
Everyone is telling me that his uniform is a police officer Can he be conscripted to serve in the army as private as well during an emergency?

2. Military Unit 160th Infantry Abkhazian Regiment
Where was this unit? What city? Who commandered it?
Is this the 160th Infantry from :"http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/CGSC/CARL/nafziger/914RXAA.pdf"
160th Infantry Division
637th Kagizman Infantry Regiment
638th Oltin Infantry Regiment
639th Artvin Infantry Regiment
640th Chorokhsk Infantry Regiment

or

http://www.marksrussianmilitaryhistory.info/RUSS1914.html

160th Abkhazia Infantry Regiment. [160-i Pekhotnyi Abkhazskii polk.]
40th Infantry Division. Gomel.

3. Gubernia: Minsk Province
Minsk Provice, is that where he was born, served, lived and/or killed?

4. County: Bobruisk uezd
Bobruisk uezd is Babruysk? Was he born in Belarus, married in Belarus, lived and had children there or died there?

5. Parish: Rudobelskaya vol.
Is that where he went to pray, baptized, lived, married, or children babptized? Or he was dead and brought his body to the parish? Does the Parish still exist? Is it in Belarus? Where in Belarus?

6. Date of event: 04.08.1915
Is that the date he was killed or when the event took place?

7. Place of battle: Ludica village - Poland
I have researched Ludica Village and I cannot find it anywhere. Is it Jastków, Lublin Voivodeship in Poland?

8. Destiny: missing
Meaning dead?

The more information I receive/find, the more confusing it gets.

Kind Regards,
John

Gray2010 написал:
[q]
[/q]

Прикрепленный файл: Adinietz family picture restored Dec 18 2017.jpg
← Назад    Вперед →Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
Вверх ⇈