ВГД требуется ведущий (админ)   [х]
Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо
На сайте ВГД собираются люди, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!
Вниз ⇊

Sitnikov

searching for information about family SITNIKOV whilst in Harbin and Shanghai 1923 - 1951

← Назад    Вперед →Страницы: ← Назад 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 * 8 9 10 11 12 Вперед →
Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
Рейтинг: 43
---
family Sitnikov, Potekhina (Sofia Lukinishna), Taranovsky (Sofia Leonidovna), Anna Konstantinovna Bogdanovich/Nakamura, Georgy Y. Rott, Alexandra Trofimovna Sitnikova-Savrasova/Pokrovsky
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
Front Cover
James Hugh Carter
Cornell University Press, 2002 - History - 217 pages
0 Reviews

James H. Carter outlines the birth of Chinese nationalism in an unlikely setting: the international city of Harbin. Planned and built by Russian railway engineers, the city rose quickly from the Manchurian plain, changing from a small fishing village to a modern city in less than a generation. Russian, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Jewish, French, and British residents filled this multiethnic city on the Sungari River. The Chinese took over Harbin after the October Revolution and ruled it from 1918 until the Japanese founded the puppet state of Manchukuo in 1932. In his account of the radical changes that this unique city experienced over a brief span of time, Carter examines the majority Chinese population and its developing Chinese identity in an urban area of fifty languages. Originally, Carter argues, its nascent nationalism defined itself against the foreign presence in the city—while using foreign resources to modernize the area. Early versions of Chinese nationalism embraced both nation and state. By the late 1920s, the two strands had separated to such an extent that Chinese police fired on Chinese student protesters. This division eased the way for Japanese occupation: the Chinese state structure proved a fruitful source of administrative collaboration for the area's new rulers in the 1930s.

Прикрепленный файл: content.jpg
---
family Sitnikov, Potekhina (Sofia Lukinishna), Taranovsky (Sofia Leonidovna), Anna Konstantinovna Bogdanovich/Nakamura, Georgy Y. Rott, Alexandra Trofimovna Sitnikova-Savrasova/Pokrovsky
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
Tonight, I remembered an email a few years ago, from a lady who was interested in Russian Opera history. I wrote to her to ask about my two Great Aunts who sang Opera, Claudia Trofimovna Sitnikova (& a pianist who Dad called Uncle Gosha Rott. And Clara's daughter Sofia Leonidovna Taranovskiya) & Alexandra Trofimovna (Savrasova then Pokrovsky) Sitnikova. This is what some of the response email said :

"I've done some research in the Russian web, but there is not much result. There is no information on Clara's and Alexandra's singing and career. I found several short articles from ballet encyclopedias on Sofia Leonidovna Taranovskaya though. http://www.book-chel.ru/ind.php?what=card&id=3652
"Sofia Leonidovna Taranovskaya (27.12.1923 Yaomyng, Manchuria -- 03.01 1998 Chelyabinsk), a ballerina, a teacher, an Honored Artist of the Russian Federation (1958), studied at the ballet school in Shanghai (at the class of Audrey King),from 1948 the leading ballerina of Sverdlovsk opera theater; 1978-91 worked as a teacher at the ballet studio of Sverdlovsk theater." Not every artist from a provincial theater could get the title of Honored artist of the Russian Federation; her career was successful.

Also I found out that Georgy (Gosha) Yakovlevich Rott, a famous pianist worked in Kazan ( Soviet Republic of Tatarstan) from 1948. There is a book in Russian called "Guide to the Jewish Russia" by Margarita Lobovskaya; (I don't have the book, I found just an excerpt from it on Google Books ). From that excerpt it's clear that something bad happened to Gosha Rott, though he survived Stalin's repressions. He lived and worked in Kazan to the end of his life as a member of concert brigade in the Kazan Philarmonia and a leader of a band. Clara was not mentioned . Perhaps his troubles were connected to his work abroad; in the 1930-40's many people who had worked and lived abroad , especially in Harbin and Shanghai were repressed. He couldn't go to Moscow or Leningrad and had to live in Kazan .

As for Clara Sitnikova, if she disappeard in the 1940's, then I'm afraid that she could be imprisoned. I found an article on Stalin's repressions of Harbinians , and there were excerpts from examination record of an operetta artist Brusin, he worked in Harbin in 1924-1935, then returned to Russia. He was arrested and shot as a spy in 1937. The examination record was interesting because there was mentioned Sitnikova . An NKVD investigator ( NKVD later became KGB) said to Brusin, "Call the names of the people recruited by Yamaguchi ( former Harbinians were usually jailed as "Japanese spies" or White Russian terrorists)."
" The singers Sitnikova and Molozhatov. In Harbin they tried to be in the company of Soviet officials and NKVD officers; they got them involved in drunken parties..." Naturally, Brusin couldn't stand tortures and said everything he could to save his life.
It's not clear whether they talked about Alexandra or Clara."

Прикрепленный файл: 100_4274.jpg
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
This is the man my Dad called Uncle Gosha 101.gif He was my Great Aunt Clara's lover in Shanghai. Dad recalled living with them in Shanghai for a while, watching Gosha warm his fingers up and practice piano, his Aunt singing Opera, the parties they held, and how glamorous his Aunt Clara was http://www.russianshanghai.com...18#more-18

About A. Vertinsky. Report to the Shanghai newspaper

Liceum Theatre (1930).Grand piano on stage and talented Liceum accompanies George Rott. And the piano - a tall, strong figure in a frock coat with a white plastron with a white flower in his buttonhole.

Vertinsky!

Vertinskii - is, in essence, a symbol. This name is so often see in newspapers, its melody, the words, the manner of transmission so common everywhere, you hear of all black vents radio that when you see him alive in front of you, you will not believe:

- Really - that is what is Vertinskii?

Vertinskii - a whole era. Vertinskii - a whole generation, that's why on the bill of his concert in the corner stood a modest three mysterious figures "XXX."

Vertinsky sang for the first time in the sweltering predgroze before the Great War, when the world did not know that slides into the abyss of history.

Vertinskii then in his sad way Piero came contrast, the verdict a warning to the greedy, fat, swallow salmon reaction prosperous society and passed in front of the entire Russian arm in arm with a girl from the Boulevard, "in the wet gorzhetochke." In fact, it was also "epatirovanie bourgeois" such as Futurism, but completely different than doing something Mayakovsky and others.

Art Vertinsky - is present, Russian art, unusually good, a little bit, I would say, "God's fool." From love Vertinsky at hand to the monastery, to the quiet light lamps, dome of the Church to that golden candles burning in the blue sky. No wonder it is "Mother Superior" permeated this authentic mysticism Teresa of Nettesgayma. Vertinskii unusually good for the soul: he then took the side of the "girls in gorzhetochke" as Dostoevsky once unfolded like a banner unspeakably miserable "dradedamovy Scarf" Sony Marmeladova. On the other hand, he loves life and flesh, and "Her taste and color, and the stifling, mortal scent of flesh ..."

Probably Vertinskii would like to sit at the banquet of life is shaken by it Sonia to this sonorous, bold, strong world was some tenderness, a little torn. It is necessary because even a little upset to be sensitive ... And then came the war ... And the "warrant officer Vladimir", which sat in the car -

I shine shoulder straps,

You trembling hand ...

These dusty cars

Waiting for the last call ...

- The lieutenant heard songs Vertinsky in wet trenches on the Russian Rabbah and near Baranovichi and near Riga, and when the vast expanses of the Polish green light lit the rocket and shone on patches of snow - in the dugouts gramophones Vertinsky sang words that life is something, in fact, beautiful women - are amazing, gentle, anything in the world and while the rough and senseless war - were love and happiness.

Vertinskii connected with the crowd, and the crowd always believed, even in the most brutal struggle for existence that life is good, because otherwise, and to fight for existence would be nothing. Passed revolution, Vertinsky stepped into exile, saying all about the same, about the wonderful shoulders Princess Irene, about the fact that even the poor a walk in the Bois de Boulogne with his wife - a wonderful thing, that in fact it is necessary to expect that everything will turn out in a good way.

Vertinsky, perhaps, the only one of the emigrants, whose gentle voice sounded in Soviet Russia. In Moscow, they say, one can live a month in a room for one plate Vertinsky Moscow ... "Literary Gazette" controversy with his "decadent mood" in Soviet books-novels flashed his name as a common noun.

A Vertinskii in Shanghai ... Fatal "XXX"! But you gave Vertinskii?

No, oh no! .. His songs grow, acquire other, nowhere unseen, unheard of in nature - some moral-philosophical and worldly-wise treatises. Here and gentle reproof women praise male friendship, and whatever ... And all this unprecedented form of verse, verse, honed, dramatized wonderful recitation, set in the melody, accompaniment feathered Gregory Rotta.

«XXX»! .. Should Vertinskii in place? No, he keeps pace with the mood of emigration, with all the Russian people ... He understands that "the storm has passed," and he, a troubadour, cheerful and sad, mocking and observant, rings on his lute new tunes. At the final concert the completely new theme - Blok, Vladimir Mayakovsky.

About Alexander Vertinsky"So much for the" song of Pierrot "- I thought, when the stage Liceum rattled like falling rocks stanza of Mayakovsky. This "Crazy maestro" of the orchestra unleashed a tragic lament copper trombones, violins screech frightened, and so that a business man swallowed appetizing salmon - suddenly ran from the room in horror ... What 'girls in gorzhetochkah "it is obviously not wade succeeded! It should be a means stronger. And now Vertinsky not crying girl in gorzhetochke and deafening cries, tears threatening words he copper-neck band. Suddenly a powerful, almost deafening sounds and the voice itself Vertinsky ...

Vertinskii - that's what he thinks the mass, the crowd thinks. The crowd is eternal, and it is eternal and Vertinsky. The crowd is smart, and it's smart and Vertinsky. It should be a positive surprise in our city, amidst this universal "bezrybya", "besptichya" and "solitude" Vertinskii alone, in itself, bears and solves issues that impose the course of our history.

Just wonder that about Vertinsky not write a book; This book is a powerful figure. And people who casually sitting side by side with him in the "Renaissance", the actors, who can not distinguish from the theater booth, vulgar and malicious parody actress anxious waiting, when will finally decipher what they are not wanted - All they really think they're familiar terms with "Alexander Nikolayevich."

And then not. No! Here the "talent, talent from head to toe," a mighty talent, great talent of a great artist who speaks to the people over the heads of all endangered pretentious temporary authority.

Source: A. Vertinsky. Behind the scenes, songs, stories, notes,
interviews, letters, memoirs. - M., 1991, p. 199-201.
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
cray.gif this is the first I have read so much about Gosha, whom Dad spoke of so fondly. I am unsure whether Gosha was married to my Great Aunt Klaudia in Shanghai, or if they just lived together in civil marriage. I am yet to discover the truth about their relationship... http://www.an-tat.ru/zhurnal-nash-dom-tatarstan/9/2664/

Прикрепленный файл: img_5037.jpgimg_5039.jpg, 16264 байтimg_5041.jpg, 27452 байтimg_5045.jpg, 31691 байтKlaudia Trofimovna Sitnikova 100_4293.jpg, 349491 байт
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
Памяти героев Великой Войны 1914-1918
Портал посвященный событиям и героям Первой мировой войны 1914 — 1918 http://gwar.elar.ru/
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
---
annushkasempire

annushkasempire

На сайте с 2015 г.
---
← Назад    Вперед →Страницы: ← Назад 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 * 8 9 10 11 12 Вперед →
Модераторы: Gnom7, kbg_dnepr, Andrey Maslennikov
Вверх ⇈