ВГД требуется ведущий (админ)   [х]
Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо

Генеалогический форум ВГД

На сайте ВГД собираются люди, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!

tupacshakaur, united kingdom
Отзывы
Друзья
В друзьях
Древа

tupacshakaur

tupacshakaur

Создайте аккаунт или войдите, чтобы отправить личное сообщение этому пользователю и увидеть его полные контактные данные

Сообщения tupacshakaur (1)

Тема: Simple Question
14.02.2018, 13:44

HI,
This is probably not an original question and perhaps, it has been answered several times throughout the forum, so forgive me for asking this.

I would like to locate, if its possible, a Military Service record for a First World War Soldier, Private Frank Tovey, who was part of the 1/4th Leicestershire Regiment and died of his wounds in France/Flanders on 17th May 1917. I have his medal records but not what he and/or his battalion did until his death.

I was given a detailed "particulars of the military service record" for one of my other ancestors that was applied for in 1996 before the internet.

I have tried to google and look at the MOD website but, for me, the information is quite confusing as all I would like is the application form and where to get that form.

I do understand that some of the records was destroyed but I also wonder how long is the process is as I know it can take some time for them to locate it.

Thanks

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouare...c9736.html
Whiteboard Video Pricing