Всероссийское Генеалогическое Древо

Генеалогический форум ВГД

На сайте ВГД собираются люди из многих городов и стран, увлеченные генеалогией, историей, геральдикой и т.д. Здесь вы найдете собеседников, экспертов, умелых помощников в поисках предков и родственников. Вам подскажут где искать документы о павших в боях и пропавших без вести, в какой архив обратиться при исследовании родословной своей семьи, помогут определить по старой фотографии принадлежность к воинским частям, ведомствам и чину. ВГД - поиск людей в прошлом, настоящем и будущем!

annushkasempire

-

Голосование за генеалога  Рейтинг: 35  Голосование за генеалога

Основная информация
Доска почета
Последние 30 сообщений
Родословия
География
Сообщения друзей
Друзья
В друзьях у...

-

Последние 30 сообщений annushkasempire

Тема: Sitnikov
23.05.2016, 18:19
Nearly 16000 photographs were electronically
received from personal collections by
Russian State Archive of Film and Photo Documents (RGAKFD). These photographs were made by witnesses during the First and Second World Wars

23.05.2016, 18:17
New list of Russian graves in Harbin

8.02.2016, 18:50
Russians in Harbin documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHRdgsOdoD8

I thought this might be of interest to all here, to search for more information and military records and graves of White Movement members. Good luck ! I am about to see if I can find some more information on my Great Grandfather Trofim in these documents :)

snegir написал:
[q]
[/q]

wonderful to read :)

16.09.2015, 14:36
for anyone who might be interested here you can search your ancestors who were part of the White Movement

20.06.2015, 21:34
Stumbled across this book online tonight

17.06.2015, 6:20
This is the woman that my cousin Sofia Leonidovna Taranovskaya studied ballet under in Shanghai

Audrey King (1915-2003)
Audrey King, born in Manchester, England on 12th February 1915, commenced her dancing training at the age of five. Two years later, having watched Anna Pavlova perform in London, the young Audrey's soul was lit and she knew without doubt that she would pursue, at all costs, a career in Classical Ballet.

Audrey Kathleen King

She consequently enrolled at the Grace Cone School of Ballet, London, where she studied, and trained in both the Cecchetti and Royal Academy of Dance methods. It is believed that Audrey was the first student in England to take the R.A.D. Solo Seal examination.

In her mid teens, Audrey traveled to Shanghai where, together with her eldest sister Dulcie, she opened the Bateman-King School of Dance. It was here that she met and tutored 12-year-old Peggy Hookham, who became the legendary Dame Margot Fonteyn (Arias).

While living in China, Audrey joined the touring "Le Ballet Russe de Shanghai", performing Classical repertoire in major cities in the East. Thereafter, she formed her own Company in China and concentrated on developing her passion for choreography.

When interned during World War II, Audrey used her talent for choreography, creating her own ballets with which to entertain fellow internees. Subsequent to her marriage to Jay Grilk, Audrey settled in South Africa, where she became actively involved in the development of Classical Ballet.

Dedicated, focused and highly determined, Audrey gave much of herself! Fellow of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (Cecchetti Society Faculty), she examined, coached, taught juniors, trained aspiring dancers and teachers and choreographed extensively.

Audrey's motto was: "If something is worth doing, it is worth doing well!" She would not tolerate tardiness, laziness or lack of commitment in any form and she expected of others no less than she expected of herself.

"Miss King" as she was known to her students, was a driven and dedicated task master, yet her bubbly sense of humour often diffused many a tense moment!

She was head of, the then, Pact Ballet Students' Course for many years; a member of the Governing Council of the National Society of Dance Teachers and a member of the Royal Academy of Dance.

In 1977 Audrey founded the Johannesburg Youth Ballet Company (JYB), which was representative of all cultures in South Africa. Dame Margot Fonteyn became its President.

The Company performed at the International Festival of Youth Orchestras and Performing Arts, Aberdeen, Scotland and additionally at the Summer Festival in Tel Aviv, Israel. JYB thereafter successfully toured Taiwan, Italy, England and South Africa, also performing on South African television.

Some years following the death of her first husband, Audrey met her second husband and relocated to the United States of America, where she continued to propagate the Cecchetti method. She also examined in Vancouver, Canada, and taught and adjudicated at their 'Cecchetti Classical Ballet Awards.'

She retired as Professor of Classical Dance and Ballet at the University of Santa Clara, California in 2000, earlier having led a group of students to perform her Ballet "Laugh Clown" in Poland and Russia.

From her, I learnt about courage and perseverance. With her, I experienced the joy of performing and entered the world of teaching. Audrey Kathleen King enjoyed a full and inspired life.

Written by Gail Myburgh, chairperson, Cecchetti Society of Southern Africa

Copyright 2014 | Cecchetti International – Classical Ballet | All Rights Reserved

Gul написал:
[q]
[/q]

this is the page the photo in question is from in St Nicholas Lyceum Harbin book by N. Butvillo

Harbin Lyceum book

another photo from St Nicholas Lyceum Harbin book

7.06.2015, 20:22
Wonderful film footage of Tzar Nicholas

7.06.2015, 20:13
Revolution in Colour

7.06.2015, 20:11
Stalin, The Red Terror

7.06.2015, 20:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBXwppM8g8

7.06.2015, 20:05
Stalin's Purges

As requested, some excerpts from a book. Please note that I do not have permission from the author to post these, but I do so as it includes my Great Grandfather Trofim Andrianovich Sitnikov. It is my understanding that Trofim taught singing, language a, mathematics and gymnastics at the Harbin Lyceum from 1929-1935 (?) . He also taught Russian language in Chinese schools. (then he possibly went to Xinjiang)

6.06.2015, 21:26
Great Grandfather Trofim Andrianovich Sintikov when he was a teacher at St Nicholas Lyceum Harbin (2nd row left of the Priest, Trofim has a grand moustache :) )

6.06.2015, 18:02

6.06.2015, 17:48

Gul написал:
[q]
[/q]
lovely old photos. Thank you :)

6.06.2015, 17:45
In 1890 Chekov visted Sakhalin and made cards on some of the Russian inhabitants, and then wrote his book "The Island of Sakhalin"

6.06.2015, 16:51

6.06.2015, 14:55
Some more information about my Grandmother Anna, has come to light from my Grandfather's BREM file. She was a Japanese citizen from Sakhalzin, her maiden name being Anna Konstantinovna Bogdanovich. I am not sure but according to my rough calculations, i believe she may have been born around 1921. She became an orphan at 3yrs old, and then Nakamura became her guardian. She was raised and taught by Nakamura and took on his name, becoming Anna Nakamura until she married my Grandfather Konstantin Trofimovich around 1937 in Harbin. How she came to be in the care of a Japanese man, I don't know, nor how she ended up in China. I do not know if she was orphaned in China or in Sakhalin, and travelled to China with her guardian Nakamura. I am yet to discover who this Nakamura is, perhaps the head of the Chinese Railroad in 1930's or perhaps General Nakamura, I can not say. My understanding is that she separated from my Grandfather Konstantin in the perhaps mid 1940's whilst they were in Shanghai and she returned to Russia before my Grandfather and Father Adrian emigrated to Australia in 1949. Dad had said she was an artist (&dancer) and that she painted small portraits for the Russians in Harbin/Shanghai. I am not clear on when she came to live under the guardianship of my Great Grandfather Trofim Andrianovich. But Dad seemed to think that Trofim learned about her being in the care of the Japanese Consul Nakamura and he rescued her, or that she was in a Catholic orphanage at some stage and Trofim heard about this and took her into his family. Anna is a big mystery to me, that I hope to unravel and learn as much as I can about her and her life. These are the only photos I have of her :( Also Anna's son (my Father) said he was led to believe that Anna Konstantinovna Bogdanovich also had a brother who was adopted form the orphanage and taken to live in Greece. I have no other information about this boy.

21.05.2015, 17:02
list of people Immigrating to Australia from Harbin/Shanghai when my Great Grandmother Sofia Lukinishna did in 1950/51 (Document from the Australian Archives)

11.05.2015, 18:01
for anyone who needs the information

11.05.2015, 17:29
propaganda film 1934

11.05.2015, 16:31

Yana66 написал:
[q]
[/q]
:rose: :lol:
I have Great Grandfather Trofim's BREM file and am happy to share the documents with you :) Trofim was Sofia Leonidovna's Grandfather, and what a grand gentleman he was ! I do not know who Sofia's Father was, I have no information about him. Perhaps you can tell me something about Sofia's father?

11.05.2015, 16:28

Gul написал:
[q]
[/q]
:lol:
:worthy: :cry: :biggrin :rose: thank you Gul. Wonderful !

11.05.2015, 15:17

Gul написал:
[q]
[/q]
beautiful!! Thank you so much!! :lol: I have written to the Shanghai Lyceum Opera House many times, searching for records of Klaudia's performances there with Gosha, but I never had a response :(