Регистрация: 2 сен. 2017
2 сентября 2017 19:02
Bratkovsky Family from Timkovichi
I am researching my ancestor Bratkovsky ancestor, born 1870 in Timkovichi, married in Kletsk in 1890, and emigrated to USA in 1893. It seems that there was a large Bratkovsky family in Timkovichi in the mid-19th century.
I have several questions:
(1) Is there a known origin of the village name, Bratkovsky?
(2) Did the village of Bratkovsky get its name from the Bratkovsky family or did the Bratkovsky family take its name from the name of the town?
(3) Some known relatives gave another name for their birth place — Ziwa lodowicsy / Zivoladovic / Zshevalodowitz. Is this a known village in the vicinity of Timkovichi?
(4) Similarly, other known relatives gave the name Wirni as their birth place. Is Wirni a place name in Slutsk county, in the vicinity of Timkovichi?
(5) Is anyone familiar with the Bratkovsky family? Many emigrated to USA, UK, Canada, etc., but a good many remained. Some survived the fascist occupation, and fought with the Soviets and the partisans, and returned to Timkovichi in July 1944, when liberation.
Thank you for any and all help.